Incinerators are regulated by the Environment Agency and the relevant Local Authorities.

If you are aware of any incidents associated with the Ardley Incinerator that may merit regulatory investigation, please contact the relevant agency. If in doubt, contact both the Environment Agency and Cherwell District Council.

To report an environmental incident to the Environment Agency (EA) you can ring the EA’s incident hotline on 0800 80 70 60 (this is a 24-hour service).

The EA deals with reports regarding:


  • damage or danger to the natural environment
  • pollution to water or land
  • incidents at Environment Agency-regulated waste sites (including incinerators)


The EA’s Environmental Permit reference for the Ardley Incinerator is: FP3134GU Complaints regarding noise, odour, litter, vermin, etc. should (also) be directed to Cherwell District Council. For details, see: Website here.

Details of the South Northamptonshire and Cherwell District Council Noise Investigation Procedure are available from: Website here.

The South Northamptonshire And Cherwell District Council Noise Policy is available from: here.

If you believe that any planning conditions are being breached and are in need of enforcement action, then contact Oxfordshire County Council’s Planning Monitoring and Enforcement Team by e-mailing or telephoning 01865 815084. For more details see : details here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *