IF YOU DO NOT READ ON
At 10 am on October 19th 2009 Oxfordshire County Council Planning Committee is considering the applications to build incinerators at Sutton Courtenay and Ardley. The planning officers have recommended that both applications be approved. This has significantly increased the possibility of 2 incinerators being built in Oxon. All it needs is both applications to be passed by the Planning Committee!
People Power can influence this decision.
Councillors On The Planning Committee Will Be Influenced By Public Opinion.
Please Ensure That You Contribute By Letter, Email or personal contact.
All the contact details for the Planning Committee Councillors are at the bottom of this sheet. Communicate to all of them individually by:-
Handwritten letters (most effective way to lobby)
Computer written letters
E-mails (although these are easily deleted)
All must Be Completed Before The Planning Meeting On The 19th October. In your letters you can just state that you object, but the more reasons you give the better. As well as your own concerns you may wish to include some of the following points:-
- Massive visual impact of the building on local historic landscape.
- Lack of comprehensive comparative site assessment.
- The proposal departs from several policies in the local development plan.
- Lack of study into the cumulative impact of adding a massive incinerator to the Power Stations and landfill site.
- Hazardous waste to be buried above an aquifer – 500 metres from the Thames and far too close to housing.
- Inadequate descriptions of emissions and hazardous waste chemical controls.
- Traffic, noise, dust and light pollution from transport and site operations.
- Possible long term adverse health effects causing great public concern.
- Once completed it will be locked into a 25 year contract with no break clauses and a complete lack of flexibility in future tackling waste needs.
- WRG has a poor record in delivering incineration on this scale in the UK.
- More environmentally friendly alternative technology is available.
- It is industrialisation of a greenfield site, contrary to Structure Plan Policy G1
DOING NOTHING IS NOT AN OPTION UNLESS YOU WISH TO SEE AN MASSIVE INCINERATOR BUILT AT SUTTON COURTENAY
Contacts to send your objections to (please remember to contact all if possible)
|Councillor Steve Hayward.
90, Blakes Avenue,
OX28 3SYHome: 01993 773189
|Councillor Mrs Catherine Fulljames
Winter Hill House, Ardley Road,
OX25 4ADHome: 01869 343237
|Councillor Alan Armitage,
92 Southmoor Road,
OX2 6RBHome: 01865 516115
Mobile: 07799 892385
| Councillor Lorraine Lindsay-Gale
Nut Tree Cottage, The Green,
OX10 7DRHome: 01865 858976
|Councillor Don Seale,
2, St. Lawrence Road,
GL7 3BZHome: 01367 250226
|Councillor Mrs Anda Fitzgerald-O’Connor
Hatford House, Hatford
SN7 8JFHome: 01367 710719
|Councillor John Tanner,
32, Sunningwell Road,
OX1 4SXHome: 01865 251441
|Councillor John Sanders
200, Headington Road,
OX3 7PSHome: 01865 761856
|Councillor Jenny Hannaby,
Old Yeomanry House,
27 Wallingford Street,
OX12 8AUHome: 01235 772778
Mobile: 07736 893148
|Councillor Peter Jones,
38, Glyme Close,
OX14 3SYHome: 01235 526830
|Councillor Neil Owen.
Robinswood, Frog Lane,
OX7 6JZHome: 01993 830875
|Councillor George A Reynolds,Grange Farm, Malthouse Lane,
OX15 6PBHome: 01295 780479
|Councillor Ray Jelf,
The Cottage, Down End,
OX15 5LWHome: 01608 737129
|Councillor David Nimmo-Smith,
78, St Andrews Road,
Henley on Thames,
RG9 1JEHome: 01491 576907